Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolving in the new year

I haven’t made a new year’s resolution for a long time. They are after all the procrastinator's nightmare. Or their dream come true. Depends on how you look at it.

But I started this blog with all the best intentions and after four months I’ve barely posted. I have written heaps, but I never quite finish. Once I start to write, do a little research, write a little more, the urge to finish and post just vanishes.

Is there a procrastinators anonymous? I could do with a good 12 step program.

Some of the things I have not posted on in the last four months include:

# Wiki your way to wisdom – Wikipedia vs “authoritative” sources of information

# Celsius 233 : Librarians, censorship and sedition in Australia.
Some links:
Next they came for the librarians ... crikey.com.au
Book ban Green Left Online
Uni terror books shelved due to prosecution fear The Age
Melbourne Uni to challenge terrorism laws ABC Lateline

# Political parties as religions in Australia – has ecumenism worked too well? [This one was turning into a thesis]

# Flog the blog!
The A&NZ Award of the 2006 Weblog Awards was given to a commercial (Fairfax) blog – All men are Liars [I won’t give the link. I don't think it needs more promotion].
Increasingly good indie blog writers are being lured to write paid blogs by media organisations, e.g. the author of The Road to Surfdom (see Crikey), not to mention the proliferation of paid ads on blogs.
Are these an indication that the blog will go the way of the web in general? Which lead to...

#All that glitters in the spider's web - what happened to the "gift culture" of the World Wide Web?

I still hold hope for the other dozen or so topics I've thought long and hard about. Just maybe you'll read more from me this year!

No comments: